- Same as last week, cut back 3rd coat with 320 grid – coat still had some dimples and holes in it.
- Had to re-fill some of the binding edges with wax as they were also still visible.
- Sanding wasn’t as hard this week because there wasn’t as much to take off
Tag: Cutting back
Week 30 – More cutting back
As per last week except:
- Where holes exist that lacquer isn’t going to fill, need to fill with wax. Scrape off excess wax with razor blade
- Some of back has deep holes that will require 2 more coats to finish off
Week 29 – Cutting back
(Not at TAFE this week but picked up guitar to work on at home)
- Guitar sprayed with lacquer
- With 320 grit paper sand over all surfaces with lacquer on them until wipe over with hand shows no dimples
- Make sure sanding is white – if wood colour comes through then have gone too far
- Wiped down all over with a damp cloth